Change comes through Challenge.
Not just challenge but change comes when ordinary people rise to champion extraordinary challenge. America, the world is in a time of extraordinary challenge. Challenge to make sustainbale change that outlives the latest news cycle, change that moves forward even when there are no horrific videos of humanity’s inhumane treatment of humans because of the hue of their skin.
So here are some ways you can create change by rising to a challenge. We have designed these challenges not as a “one time thing” but these are challenges that will create a sustainable continuous change.
These are not just “black people” challenges or challenges for white people to do. We all, black, brown and white must rise to the challenges of change.
So Choose A Challenge & Change America, Change The World
8 Challenges - Choose A Challnge & Be The Change
- Power up minority business -Spend more with Black owned businesses - $8.46 at least 1 day per week for 8 Weeks or 80.46/month for 8 Months
- Power up inter-racial understanding - Spend more time getting to know someone of another race -8 minutes 46 secs per week talking to someone of another race -doesn’t have to be heavy stuff about racism etc. – just get to know them. Make it someone different each week
- Power up your personal economics – start your personal savings/investing. $80.46/month-if you already saving and investing then increase it by $80.46/month– Saving/investing rate among blacks is 35% lower than the rest of the population
- Power up police relationships - Get to know the police – 8 mins 46 seconds per month talk to a cop on anything, cop of any color – a white cop preferably if you are black and a black cop if you are white.
- Power up your learning – spend 8 mins 46 seconds/week learning about black or brown history/culture/economics. Watch a documentary or read 8.46 pages from a book on black or brown history, culture, economics. Here’s a good book to start with – The Black Cheese by Walter V Murray
- Power up your community involvement – volunteer 84.6 mins / month with a community or non-profit organization where you can mentor a young African American or Hispanic youth or volunteer for some other cause
- Power up your politics – you can do this by committing to be openminded and nonpartisan with some one who has opposing political views. Accept their political position without devolving into partisan rhetoric. Have a Civil Discourse !
- Power up your wellness – 8 minutes 46 seconds. Three times per day do something intentional and scheduled to power up your physical and mental well-being – take a walk, close the door and listen to calming music, etc
Pick a Challenge - there are EIGHT Challenges above to choose from
Which Challenge Are You Up To!
Enter Your Name & Email then Pick a Challenge from the list below:
(review the challenges above to see what each challenge is all about)