6 Demands for Dialogue
Demand for change cannot be a Black or Brown Demand. It has to be a Collective Demand. All Americans, Black, Brown, White and all hues of humanity must demand that America live up to its true calling and be a land of the free, where all can pursue life, love and liberty without fear of discrimination !
- De-institutionalized racial bias in access to financial capital for minority owned businesses.
- Establishing sector specific independent non-govt/public oversight agencies at Federal & State levels tasked with managing & monitoring inter racial interactions within each sector. For example sectors such as Banking & Finance, Justice/Legal, Education, Healthcare, etc.
- Increased Media Cultural-Racial Sensitivity – media communications play critical role in telling the stories of race relation. Media should be required to engage in training to help them understand how to tell the story of a multi-cultural America. So young black men who commit comparable crimes as young white men are not labeled “thugs” while their white counterparts are “troubled”.
- Education – require curriculum changes to include racial sensitivity & relations training from PreK to College.
- Tougher penalties & enforcement of anti-discrimination laws
- Destructing and Restructuring of law enforcement with less militarization and more community service focus.